When life gives you crumbs, bake a new cake~Anonymous.
Hello there my amazing readers! 😀 It’s the last week of July, and we just hit 1,000+ likes on Facebook this week-THANK YOU! Each person certainly counts here on Scrapbook Journeys! As a show of gratitude, I offer you a scrumptious piece of Kim’s Chocolate Fudge Cake…well, figuratively speaking. 😉 😀
Since we’ve been up and about lately, I reckon now is as good a time as any, for an intermission. 😉 And what better way than with PART 2 of the Kim’s Cake Series? Fancy a Chocolate Fudge Cake Recipe? 😉
In case you are wondering…’who is Kim?’ I’ve got you covered 😉 You can read Part One of my Kim’s Cake Series here, on her delectable Red Velvet Cupcakes’ recipe (#YUM!), and learn more about the budding entrepreneur.
CHOCOLATE FUDGE CAKE RECIPE
As I learned from Kim, the ingredients for most cakes are pretty much the same, with a few exceptions… So, you can make more than one cake flavours in one sitting, if you wish…which is a big save, I believe.
- 200 grams of Margarine
- 370 grams of brown sugar
- 8 eggs
- Vanilla essence/chocolate essence
- 400 grams of flour
- 20grams of cocoa
- 8 grams of baking powder
- Cream the butter/margarine with brown sugar for about 15 minutes until it has a fluffy texture
- Add the eggs one at a time as you whisk the mixture
- Add in chocolate and/or vanilla essence
- Pour in a glass of milk and whisk the mixture till it attains a uniform texture
- Add the dry ingredients: flour, cocoa, baking powder and a hint of coffee
- Chop up some cooking chocolate. Melt it in low heat, and add it to the mixture
- Mix the ingredients slowly until you achieve a thick, dark-brown mixture
- Transfer the mixture into a greased baking tin, then place it in a pre-heated oven
- Leave it to bake for 55 minutes
TIP: Allow the cake to cool for 30 minutes before you start the decorating process. This is especially important because if it is not well-cooled, your cake will crumble and fall apart.
To decorate the cake, Kim used Buttercream and Chocolate Fudge Frosting, that’s home-friendly for a non-baker.
How to Make Butter Cream:-
- Whisk the 200grams of butter
- Add 200 grams of icing sugar
- Add vanilla essence
- And a tea spoon of lemon zest
How to Make Chocolate Fudge Frosting:-
- Melt 7gms of cooking chocolate bar
- Add in 10 grams of melted butter
- Slowly glaze it around the cake
- Add colourful sprinkles to make the colour pop!
PHOTOGRAPHY BY: WANJIKU THUO
TIP: Do Not Panic if your result does not appear as ‘fairytale’ as you hoped for, the first time round…remember like with anything worth doing, baking takes time and practice.
I acknowledge and appreciate JoyKim Wambui, for masterfully baking her chocolate fudge cake, and sharing the recipe with us. I look forward to more ‘deliciously-inspired’ patnerships in the future.
Thanks to each and every one of you who’s stuck with me since day one> I appreciate your likes, comments and words of encouragement. And if you just made it here, welcome along for the ride!! Subscribe to my Blog for more Lifestyle and Travel posts, using your email address, on the right-hand side of the page.>>
I celebrate you all…Let’s keep going and growing!!
I hope you enjoyed this post, and woud love to hear your comments, below. 😀
As always> Stay Inspired! 🙂