Happy Monday! 😀 Are you wondering what to do this Valentine’s Day?
A couple of you requested for romantic dates’ & special gift ideas for your significant others… And so I thought- why not turn this into a blog post ay? 😀
Love- Starts With You, and Me…
Can we first just agree- Self-love looks gorgeous on any and everyone!
Someone wise once said: when you fall in love with yourself, you are better able to love others, from that beautiful overflow…
So Yes! Whether, you are ‘booed up’ or not, this post is for you too! I’ve tried to make a list that even single guys and girls can partake…
And since love is an everyday gift; feel free to refer to this blog post way after Valentine’s Day. 🙂
To fall in love with yourself is the first secret to happiness~Robert Morley
Your Valentine’s Day Guide: Where to Go and What to Do!
In Part 1 of our Valentine’s Day Guide, we explore Romantic Dates’ ideas>places to go + things to do…
Intimate Dinner For Two…
With the usual flurry of activity on Valentine’s Day, being in the CBD can get nauseating… So, how about a getaway for an intimate dinner, at the Talisman Restaurant?
It is well out of town, in Karen, and the ambiance makes for the perfectly intimate setting.
- This Valentine’s Day, the Talisman will have a live band, from 7:30 pm to 10:30 pm.
- Check out my Talisman post HERE for more details on the costs, food and location.
Paint Your Love: Drop In For A Painting Class!
Create some magic together and add a pop of color into your love life, with a painting class!
I discovered that the Nairobi Art Center will have drop-in classes on Valentine’s Day, between 10am & 5pm.
This means that anyone can drop by for a class… In case you can’t make the given timings on Valentine’s, you can always schedule for a class over the weekend!
P.S. They provide painting supplies in case you don’t have any.
- Call +254 727 415 678 in advance to make your booking and to ensure the Instructor is available.
- It costs Kes.1,500 per hour, so be on time to make the most of this fun experience!
Pamper Yourselves with a Spa Treat
Let’s be honest- nothing beats a good Spa day to get you feeling the love, right? 🙂 Every woman, and (man!) deserves a day of lighthearted pampering.
And lucky for you, Spa Dreaming, has the most amazing deals from Nairobi’s best Spas; like the Sankara Nairobi Health Club, and Kaya Spa at the Tribe Hotel.
- They have Spa offers from as low as 2,250 for Valentine’s Day, depending on your package and the Spa you choose.
- Call them on +254 780 638 463 to find out more and make your booking.
A Cozy Breakfast Surprise!
Is it me, or are breakfast dates simply the best? 😀 I reckon that it makes for a special way to start off your Valentine’s Day…
Plan to wake up a little earlier and discover a new Cafe together for breakfast. Luckily, Nairobi has seen a lot of cute, cozy and quaint cafes crop up recently… So the options are endless!
- Check out Jade Coffee House at Zen Garden or the Tin Roof Cafe in Karen.
- Or go all in and just do brunch! 😉
Weekend Road-trip Getaway
I am a big believer that any day is a good day for a road-trip! 😉
Fill up on gas, pack a bag and drive off to the sunset, wherever the roads might lead! Okay, but to be safe- call ahead, as most places might be fully booked over Valentines!
For The Adventure Lovers… Indoor Rock Climbing:
Challenge yourselves with indoor rock climbing at Climb Blue Sky, in Diamond Plaza, Parklands. It’s a fun way to spend time together, while testing your patience and limits… 🙂
They have a day pass, for Kes. 800, and Kes.1,200 (if you require shoes)
- Call +254 792 790 087 to find out more.
- Wear well-fitting, comfortable clothes that will allow a good stretch for climbing.
- Also, check out my posts on GP Karting and on Horse Riding for more adventurous dates ideas.
Sun-downer Date With a City View…
With Valentine’s Day being on a week day, a sun-downer date at Park Inn By Radisson, in Parklands sure sounds like a good idea, no? 😀
The scenic city views of the Nairobi skyline at their rooftop restaurant, The Attic, make for a romantic date setting…
It’s also perfectly located for a quick staycation, if you’re looking to have a special night in.
- Check out my post on Park inn by Radisson HERE
- They’ll have a live band, and special Valentine’s Dinner at Kes. 4,500… And more surprises for their staycation guests! 🙂
Biggest Tip>>Check out for Part 2 of this Post: Valentine’s Day Gift Ideas for Him and Her! 🙂
In all matters of the heart, I trust that it’s truly the thought that counts… So, remember to go with your heart, this Valentine’s Day.
P.S. Always let your loved ones know that you care, because life is too short otherwise… 🙂
I appreciate you for reading! Did you find this post useful? Is there something you’d like to add to the list?
Leave a comment below with your input/questions or feedback!
<<Sending You Love and Light>>