Howdy my friends! 😀 I hope you came ready for a throwback trip to the beautiful haven, that is Elewana Loisaba Tented Camp!
They say the best things take time, and this Elewana Loisaba Tented Camp post has sure been a long time coming… 🙂
Remember our #DestinationLaikipia Series?
It all went down, back when I teamed up with the fun squad: Mutua Matheka (truthslinger), Mwarv, Josh Kisamwa, Kevin Ouma, Rachel (Safari254), Timothy and Trevor (the_mentalyst), in collaboration with the Laikipia County Govt., to explore Laikipia’s treasures…
Tip>> Check out some of our escapades HERE
Whenever I think of our #DestinationLaikipia adventures, I feel nostalgic in a really special way… I dare say, there’s a magic about Laikipia that makes it one of Kenya’s most blessed and beautiful counties!
And though it’s been a minute, I think it’s now the perfect timing to share this Elewana Loisaba Tented Camp post with you… 🙂
Enter The Heavenly Elewana Loisaba Tented Camp…
The ride from Tumaren Camp, to Elewana Loisaba Tented Camp felt almost eternal… Yet it filled me with a great sense of wonder at the vastness of Kenya’s beauty!
We drove past huge tracks of unoccupied land, with miles upon miles of shrubs and thorny bushes, making for surreal views…
And when we finally came upon a gate, leading into Loisaba Conservancy, I knew just then- it had all been worth it! 🙂
Elewana Loisaba Tented Camp, sits at the brink of an escarpment with incredible views of Laikipia’s gorgeous landscape, teeming with wildlife!
The air is crisp and clean, and the atmosphere feels both wild and calming…
Where Luxury Squarely Meets The Wild!
Our gracious hosts came out to meet us with a warm smile, and cold towels to wipe off the journey’s gruesome imprints…
After a cooling drink and a short welcome brief, we were each led to our rooms… But, nothing could have prepared us for the awesomeness that awaited us! Whoa!! 😀
The tented rooms are lavish, airy and spacious, with gleaming wooden floors… I liked their tastefully done décor, giving off a wild but sleek & modern aura!
- They have a total of 12 en suite rooms, fully furnished for visitors.
- Their Family tents can be booked as a private package, with your own private pool, bar and dining area. If you’re traveling as a large group, this would be quite ideal…
- It’s also perfect for honeymooners who’d like their utmost privacy with superb views to boot!
Infinitely Relaxing Afternoon…
We met up for lunch in the dining area, where the tables were perfectly dressed in white, and gentle music playing on the radio…
Lunch was an assortment of homemade pizzas; and I do love me some pizza! The servers were kind and attentive, always nearby to help.
We chose to spend the rest of the day enjoying the tranquil beauty of Elewana Loisaba Tented Camp, at the Infinity pool.
Though I’d sworn not to get into the water, the pool looked quite inviting, and my comrades were super convincing!
Under that hot Laikipia sun, soaking in the infinity pool felt like a soothing massage…
Cozy & Secure Night Feels…
The night was soon upon us, bringing our sweet poolside lounging to a swift end…
Dinner was cozy and nice, with the soft lights and fresh nightly air creating a calming effect… We spent time there talking and cracking jokes, long after everything around us had shut down.
Confession: I easily get spooked in the wild, as images of elephants or lions wandering into the tent haunt me through the night.
Elewana Loisaba Tented Camp is secured with an electric fence and the paths leading to the tents are well lit up, plus they have guards stationed everywhere… Needless to say, that night I slept like a baby! 🙂
Fun Activities to Do At Loisaba Tented Camp
Situated within the 57,000 acre Loisaba Conservancy, this place is rich with activities to choose from!
- Go wild Horse riding. The horses have been reared at the Conservancy and are well-accustomed to the wild. You’ll need a basic level of riding skills.
- Take an evening or Morning Game drive
- Go Camel trekking through the conservancy
- Learn more from traditional Samburu guides through a Nature walk
- Try mountain bike riding down the escarpment
- Immerse yourself into the local culture, with a visit to the Samburu Community
- The best times to visit are between May and June, during the ‘green season’.
- It costs about Kes. 38,900/- on full board, though the costs vary depending on the season.
- The activities range between Kes. 3,000/- and Kes. 10,000/-
- Children below 12 stay Free of charge, if sharing with an adult.
- Check out this Page to make your reservation
- Loisaba Tented Camp is perfect for a luxurious getaway, to give yourself and your loved ones a lavish treat!
Our visit felt short, but very sweet and memorable. Many thanks to the lovely people at Elewana Loisaba Tented Camp for their divine hospitality!
Thank you for reading! Did you enjoy this throwback post back to our #DestinationLaikipia Series?
I would love to read from you! Leave a comment with your questions/feedback down below!
<<Stay. Inspired. Always>>