Howdy! 😀 Are you curious about traveling to Eldoret? Well, in this 2-part series of our Jambojet in Eldoret Experience , I am going to share with you what to expect when you go, plus fun ideas of things to do on a budget!
If you recall, local flights in Kenya resumed about 2 months ago. And to help you prepare, I wrote this guide on: 11 Things You Should Know About Air Travel In The New Normal.
So when Jambojet invited us to Eldoret, as part of the #NowTravelReady campaign, mine was a sure yes! I was keen to check whether the Safety measures are still in place…
Moreover, being my first time flying into the Eldoret International Airport, I wanted to see what their Covid-19 protocols are like.
Jambojet in Eldoret Experience – Part 1
My trip started out rather dramatically with me almost missing my flight… Let’s just say that nearly anything that could go wrong, went wrong that early morning!
Caught up in the craziness of packing, I’d put off my online check-in until it was too late. This gave me a small window to get to the Airport and get through security procedures in time for check-in.
Still, even through the madness, I noticed that Covid-19 protocols are still being upheld at JKIA: hand-washing at the main gate, temperature checks, sanitized trays, automatic sanitizer dispensers within the airport and social distancing is observed in the queues & seating.
Honestly, my heart was in my stomach throughout the process. Thankfully, the Jambojet officials are quite efficient and soon enough I was making my way to the boarding gates.
My racing heart calmed down when I saw the friendly faces of my travel companions on board. 🙂
Again, I noticed that the Jambojet flight attendants had on their masks and gloves. Each of us received a Public Health Passenger Locator Form to fill in… This helps with contact tracing in case anyone falls sick.
Covid-19 Safety Travel Tips:
- Avoid my rookie mistake… Download the Jambojet App and check-in online before your flight.
- It is mandatory to put on your face mask at the Airport and on board, so carry extra face masks just in case.
- Sanitize your hands, hand luggage and documents after the check-in process.
- Try much as you can to minimize physical contact with others.
- If you develop any Covid-19 symptoms, call +254 711024545/ 734 104 545 to reschedule your flight, at no extra cost.
- They offer free cancellation and a credit note to re-book your flight within 12 months.
- You’re allowed to carry hand sanitizer of up to 250ml on board the aircraft.
Smooth Touchdown in Eldoret… The City of Champions!
On arrival, we got a nice, humble welcome from the County Officials along with Ranger William Kimosop, who soon became our ever cheerful and informative guide. 🙂
As we cleared out of the runway, I noticed Jambojet staff on standby ready to clean/sanitize the aircraft, before the next flight. This ‘one little thing’ sure helped ease my mind about getting back on the plane again & again.
And within the Eldoret Intn’l Airport I saw automatic hand sanitizer dispensers for use… There are also plenty of notices to keep your mask on/maintain social distance.
After having our temperature checked and handing in the health forms, we were free to go.
Driving out of the Airport and into the inskirts of Eldoret, I felt a shot of nostalgia wash through my being… As a kid, I never imagined myself coming back this way. Back then, we rode for long, tiring hours on the Eldoret Express, a bus that ferried everything from humans to fluttering chickens stashed in the overhead ‘cabins’.
Now, Eldoret, located in Uasin-Gishu County, is about a 1-hour flight away from Nairobi… Oh how things change! 🙂
Breakfast at the Noble Hotel
You know people are generous when they mind your tummy before getting to business… 😀
Our Jambojet in Eldoret experience started with breakfast at The Noble Hotel, where a group of us would be staying.
Masked guards checked our temperature at the gate. After a few formalities, we were soon shown to the restaurant. Here, I took note of automatic hand sanitizer dispensers at strategic points and that their staff wore face masks all through.
Being a hotel & conference centre, The Noble is great for business travelers visiting Eldoret. I like how they’ve created green spaces with climbing plants draping nearly all the buildings. It subconsciously makes you feel closer to nature. 🙂
Breakfast at their garden restaurant, beneath the warm morning sun, was delightful! It was exactly what we needed to power up for the day! 😀
P.S. >>Look out for part 2 of our Jambojet in Eldoret Experience post: Fun things To Do In Eldoret on a Budget!
- Jambojet has teamed up with the Noble Hotel to offer you fantastic travel deals all-inclusive of flights and accommodation.
- Check out their website for more details.
- The Noble Hotel has a range of rooming options: Standard, Deluxe, Family and Executive rooms, with varying package deals.
- As a guest, you’ll get to enjoy their swimming pool, chapel, conference meeting rooms and green gardens.
- Jambojet operates two daily flights to Eldoret from Nairobi, and you can also fly to Eldoret directly from Mombasa.
Denver Karubiu * TurnUp In Motion Crew
Thank you for reading! I hope you’ve enjoyed part 1 of our Jambojet in Eldoret Post!
Feel free to leave a comment down below with your feedback and/or questions! Until the next one, stay safe! 😀
<< Stay. Inspired. Always. >>